Bonus Interview #4 with Keisha Rivers,
Be a Creator of Your Success,
Not a Victim of Your Circumstances
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- Keisha's 3-step system to help you be a creator of your success
Wisdom From Keisha:
- You’re not going to start where you are and get to where you want to be by remaining the same person. You have to account for growth.
- Confidence is being afraid of something and doing it any way.
- People who are not confident are just fearful because they don’t know what’s going to happen. They are just afraid of the unknown.
- To create a contingency plan, ask yourself, “What’s the best that could happen?” and “What’s the worse that could happen?” Then look at the worse scenario and ask yourself, “What would I do if this were to happen?” then map out a plan of what you would do to deal with it.
- The key to success is not luck, it’s preparation. Be prepared mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- Our life is a like a movie or a play and we have the ability to write the script of what happens based on our actions or inactions.
- To create your vision, think of yourself when you’re most happy. What does that look like? Focus on what makes you happy and what brings you peace.
- Once you have your vision, ask, “what is needed to make that happen?”, not “What do I have to do?” to avoid overwhelm.
- Create action steps and work on it four times a day for fifteen minutes to move forward.
- Consistency is key.
- Empower yourself by looking at your own examples of resiliency, confidence, and looking at fear in the face and doing it anyway.
- Every little step helps to build confidence and resilience.
- Celebrate small victories. They add up to bigger ones.
- Honor your decisions with actions. If you don’t take an action, you haven’t made a decision. You only expressed a wish.
- Change and growth is a process that goes up and down.
- Use other people as examples to inspire you.
- First three steps to take to create your success:
- create your vision of success
- take a piece of it, and ask, “what is needed to make that happen” and list out the steps
- choose one thing from the list that you can do within fifteen minutes. Then do it and repeat
- Every day strive to make a decision that will move you toward your vision of success.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
About Mike Schlossberg
Keisha A Rivers is the Chief Outcome Facilitator of The KARS Group LTD, which specializes in assisting clients to fine tune their vision of success, identify their strategic approach, outline action plans and equip their people to put them into action. She has a wealth of experience facilitating group training sessions, assisting clients with personal and professional strategic development and creating collaborative learning communities focused on growth. Through her Mindset 2 Mastery offerings, she works with individuals and small groups to be the creator of their success--not a victim of their circumstances.
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
"The key to success is not luck, it’s preparation." Keisha Rivers. Learn more at:
"Want to learn how to Unleash Your Inner Super Powers? Check out this podcast:
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their life by taking control of their mind.
Want to Read or Listen to Jacqui's Books for Free AND Support the Show?
Join the Community:
We invite you to join the Stop the Bully Within community on Facebook to connect with and get support from other members. We will pop in often to say hi and answer questions there. Join the Stop the Bully Within Community today!
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Stay Tuned for More Info on Season Three
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com or leave a message in the "comments" section below. We would love to hear from you!