BONUS EPISODE #5
Going From Numb to Self-Cutting to Success
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- Why people cut.
- Questions to ask to help you from cutting or other destructive behaviors.
- What parents can do to help their child.
Wisdom From Veenu:
- People cut for the relief, not the pain.
- Cutting is a temporary relief to a temporary problem.
- Questions to ask yourself:
- "Is this behavior solving your problem?"
- What is my outcome? What am I really trying to accomplish?
- Is this behavior going to get me the thing I really want?
- Is hurting myself helping me or hindering me?
- Keep asking yourself questions to discover the cause.
- Get a coach. A coach will keep you accountable and take you forward.
- What parents can do to help their child(ren):
- If you have a suspicion your kid is cutting, find out. Dig deeper.
- Are you going deep enough with your kids?
- Don’t assume. Ask questions. Ask better questions, get better answers.
- If you want to stop it, you have to confront it.
- There’s not a huge correlation between cutting and suicide.
- If they are cutting, it’s a clear sign that they are in a lot of pain
- Give your kid choices. Give them control that are guided by you.
- Validate their feelings. Let you child know you're there to support them, without judgment.
- What ever you put I am in front of becomes your identity.
- When your brain create new internal dialogue, it changes everything for you.
- Affirmations recreate your identity.
- Fill your mind with things that are positive
- If your brain is not filled with good seeds, weed grow
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Book: Numb
- Book: Bullyproof: Unleash the Hero Inside Your Kids
- Episode 7: How to Disarm Your Inner Bully's Secret Weapons
About Veenu Keller:
For the past 17 years, Veenu has been working with teens and adults to inspire them to believe in themselves and to know they always have a choice. Veenu has spent the last two decades working with at-risk teens, children with disabilities and parents of children with behavioral issues, drawing on her own experiences to coach people to aspire to want more and be more.
Veenu is also a keynote speaker for school and teen events as well as a best-selling author.
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
"When your brain create new internal dialogue, it changes everything for you." Veenu Keller Learn more at
Want to help your child overcome their self-destructive behaviors? Check out this awesome podcast and learn more.
Join the Community:
We invite you to join the Stop the Bully Within community on Facebook to connect with and get support from other members. We will pop in often to say hi and answer questions there. Join the Stop the Bully Within Community today!
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com or leave a message in the "comments" section below. We would love to hear from you!