How to Create Highly Effective Goals
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- How to get clear on your goals and outcomes
- Step-by-step guide for creating your S.M.A.R.T. Goal Statements
- A powerful mind hack to help you achieve your goals with ease
- GOAL: Create your powerful goal statement and action steps needed to achieve your goal with ease PLUS continue to master the art of transforming your Inner Bully
- ACTION STEP ONE:
- Think of a big goal you would like to achieve within the next two to three months.
- Create a powerful goal statement using the S.M.A.R.T. Goal System. Make sure it is:
- S- simple and specific: The more specific your goal, the easier it will be to achieve.
- M- measurable: How will you know you have achieved your goal? What will you see, hear, or feel when accomplished?
- A- achievable by you: Do you have the resources needed to achieve your goal? What kind of resources do you need? Who can be a resource for you?
- R- relevant to you: What would it mean to you to achieve this goal? Why is this goal important to you?
- T- timed: When (date and/or time) will you achieve this goal by?
- ACTION STEP TWO:
- Create several baby steps (smaller, interim goal milestones) that you are committed to taking on the way to achieving your big goal. Use the S.M.A.R.T. Goal system for these steps too.
- ACTION STEP THREE:
- Two to three times each day, vividly imagine having already achieved your goal. Bring in as many feel good feelings as you can here. Engage your senses. How do you feel? What do you hear? Are people congratulating you? What outcome is now realized?
- ACTION STEP FOUR:
- Create powerful affirmations in response to any negative thoughts, fears, or doubts with regard to this goal. Practice your affirmations at least twice each day (remember to bring in your feelings during the affirmations).
- ACTION STEP FIVE
- Continue to challenge your Inner Bully as you've previously done.
- Take several deep breaths, and ask yourself:
- What story am I telling myself about this situation?
- Are the concerns that I’m having now valid for this particular situation, or is it my Inner Bully telling me stories from my past to keep me small and inside my box?
- What do I truly want to do?
- What can I do right now to be the Boss?
- Spend a few minutes two times each day and use your imagination to practice being the way you want to be in your mind -- over and over again. You can practice the same scenario you've practiced last week, or you can create a new scenario to practice.
- REMEMBER: Each time you have an emotion that you don't want to have, you can also practice neutralizing that emotion and shift yourself into a calm state by using the simple and powerful "Choosing Calm" and "Simple Truth" techniques.
- ** Use your journal to track your progress.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Episode 8: Rewire Your Mind for Success
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
"Want to know the secret pro-athletes, actors, and many other successful people have been using for centuries to achieve their goals? Listen to episode and learn more:
"Want to learn how to create your powerful goal statement and the actions steps needed to achieve any goal with ease?" Check out this podcast to learn how:
Join the Community:
We invite you to join the Stop the Bully Within community on Facebook to connect with and get support from other members. We will pop in often to say hi and answer questions there. Join the Stop the Bully Within Community today!
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com or leave a message below in the "comments" section. We would love to hear from you!
Love the Show?
Listen to Our Next Episode