Bonus Interview #2 with Jermaine Tolbert,
I Walked Away From a Lucrative Music Contract
with Pharrell Williams For My Sanity
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- One man's journey with music, marijuana, and mental health.
- How to open up yourself to opportunities.
Wisdom From Jermaine:
- Be strong enough to be who you are no matter who you're in the presence of, no matter what environment you're in, no matter what anybody around you is doing.
- If we can ingest knowledge on a regular basis, our lives will transform. Our whole vision, our minds will transform.
- Anyone who is doing what you want to do are those people you want to attach yourself to -- their podcast, seminars, conferences, their books.
- The roadmap is already laid out. The navigational system is there. Just follow it step by step.
- Get laser focused on self-awareness and seeing the issues for what they are, and realizing this hasn't always been you, so this doesn't mean this is you.
- Total self belief is the fuel needed to turn to dedication to figuring things out.
- Indulge in as much knowledge as you can. You'll see the whole world open up in so many different ways.
About Jermaine Tolbert
Born and raised in Detroit, Michigan, Jermaine Tolbert was raised the 9th child of 10. He was fortunate enough to be surrounded by talented peers at school, and he and two great friends stumbled on the opportunity to sign with Oscar & Grammy Award Winner Pharrell Williams.
Shortly after, Jermaine (also known to some as Nate Calloway) was introduced to marijuana and his life took a turn for the worst. He started to experience thoughts that were unhealthy and contemplated suicide. Jermaine was diagnosed with schizophrenia and depression, and spent 10 days in a local psychiatric hospital.
After full recovery, he's written a book about his experience in hopes to veer people off the road he took that led him there. Jermaine plans to be an advocate for mental health for the rest of his life, and hopes to impact lives across the world with his message of self-care and self education.
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
"Indulge in as much knowledge as you can. You'll see the whole world open up in so many different ways." Jermaine Tolbert. Listen to this inspiring interview at:
"Want to learn how to take control of your thoughts and feelings? Check out this podcast:
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their life by taking control of their mind.
Want to Read or Listen to Jacqui's Books for Free AND Support the Show?
Join the Community:
We invite you to join the Stop the Bully Within community on Facebook to connect with and get support from other members. We will pop in often to say hi and answer questions there. Join the Stop the Bully Within Community today!
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com or leave a message in the "comments" section below. We would love to hear from you!