Rewire Your Mind for Success
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- Why our minds are wired to fail when our goals are too big
- Why you need to stop relying on will-power (it doesn't work)
- The secret to avoid the fear, doubt, and self-sabotage that often surface with difficult goals
- GOAL: Prepare for next week's action step by identifying one big goal and breaking it down into smaller goals PLUS continue to master the art of transforming your Inner Bully
- ACTION STEP ONE:
- Think of a big goal you would like to achieve within the next two to three months.
- Write down all the negative thoughts you have as you think about this goal.
- ACTION STEP TWO:
- Next to each negative thought, write down which of the four secret weapons it relates to. (Refer back to episode 6 if necessary.)
- ACTION STEP THREE:
- Create a powerful affirmation for each negative thought you wrote down. Use the 7 keys to create powerful affirmations to guide you. (Refer back to episode 7 for details).
- ACTION STEP FOUR:
- Pause to notice if your attitude about your big goal is already changing just by creating your affirmations.
- Think of how you can break down your big goals into smaller, more manageable goals.
- Practice your affirmations twice daily.
- ACTION STEP FIVE:
- Continue to challenge your Inner Bully as you've previously done.
- Take several deep breaths and ask yourself:
- What story am I telling myself about this situation?
- Are the concerns that I’m having now valid for this particular situation, or is it my Inner Bully telling me stories from my past to keep me small, and inside my box.
- What do I truly want to do?
- What can I do right now to be the Boss?
- Spend a few minutes two times each day and use your imagination to practice being the way you want to be -- over and over again. You can practice the same scenario that you practiced last week, or you can create a new scenario to use in practice.
- REMEMBER: Each time you have an emotion that you don't want to have, you can also neutralize that emotion and shift yourself into a calm state by using the simple and powerful "Choosing Calm" and "Simple Truth" techniques.
- ** Use your journal to track your progress.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
"We all have a built in mechanism to fail - when what we want doesn’t match our current belief system." Learn the work-around at:
"What is the Stranger Danger Protocol and how does it sabotage your goals?" Check out this podcast to more:
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their life by taking control of their mind.
Join the Community:
We invite you to join the Stop the Bully Within community on Facebook to connect with and get support from other members. We will pop in often to say hi and answer questions there. Join the Stop the Bully Within Community today!
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com or leave a message below in the "comments" section. We would love to hear from you!
Love the Show?
Listen to the Bonus Episode: