How to Stop Your Inner Bully in Its Tracks
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- Everything your Inner Bully tells you is a story - a false story
- You have the power to change that story
- Your Inner Bully needs your permission to continue the story
- How mindfulness and deep breathing can help you to see the story differently
- Goal: stop your Inner Bully in its tracks
- Pay special attention to your thoughts and feelings this week and write in your notebook journal each time you catch your Inner Bully in the act.
- When you catch your Inner Bully in the act:
- Take several deep breathes to recenter yourself
- Ask, "Is this story the Inner Bully telling me 100% true?" If it is not 100% true, recall moments as evidence to discredit your Inner Bully.
- Come up with a new, preferred story
- Note these four items in your notebook journal
- What did your Inner Bully telling you?
- How did it make you feel?
- What did you decide to do about it?
- What was the outcome?
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
"Your Inner Bully needs your permission to continue the story it's trying to get you to believe." Joseph Wolfgram
Want to learn how to control your thoughts and feelings? Check out the Stop the Bully Within podcast.
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their life by taking control of their mind.
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com We would love to hear from you!
Join the Community:
We invite you to join the Stop the Bully Within community on Facebook to connect with and get support from other members. We will pop in often to say hi and answer questions there. Join the Stop the Bully Within Community today!
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Check Out the First Bonus Episode: