In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- Forgiveness will set you free.
- You don't need an apology in order to forgive.
- Forgiveness is more for you than the other person.
- GOAL: Use the Inner Super Power of Forgiveness to let go of your emotional burden.
- ACTION STEP ONE:
- Think of someone who has hurt you and you’re still holding onto to the pain. Pick someone who may be easiest for you to forgive. Just like any other skill, forgiveness is something you can get better at with practice.
- ACTION STEP TWO:
- Grab a piece of paper and a pen and start writing that person a letter. This exercise is for you. You don’t have to send this letter to them for this to work so write freely.
- ACTION STEP THREE:
- Once you are done writing down all the things you think and feel, then move onto forgiveness. Write down why you are choosing to forgive them and how you are ready to move forward.
- EXAMPLE: Dear _________________, I choose to forgive you. I’m not saying what you did was OK. I just don’t need to hold onto this burden anymore. I can’t be ___________ (insert your negative emotion here) and be free and happy at the same time. I choose to be free and happy. I deserve to be free and happy. I forgive you now.
- EXAMPLE OF FORGIVING YOURSELF: I forgive myself. I have allowed my guilt, anger, and fear to control me for far too long. I am realizing I do not need to feel bad about the past to make good decisions moving forward. I am committed to learning from my past and to always work on becoming a better version of myself. I forgive myself completely for my mistake. I love who I have become today. I am ready to move forward peacefully. I deserve to be free and happy.
- ACTION STEP FOUR:
- Once completed, you might choose to tear up the letter if you felt you have already expressed what you needed to say. Alternatively you put the letter aside in case you want to review it in the future to see how your perspective has changed. In either case, focus your thoughts on forgiveness.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Unleash Your Inner Super Powers
Podcast: Stop the Bully Within: Season One
Podcast: Season One, Episode 5: How to Stay Calm Even in Difficult Situations
Read or listen to Jacqui's books for free AND support the show by clicking on the links below:
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their life by taking control of their mind.
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
Forgiveness liberates you from all that heavy burden while providing you with a clean slate to move forward. Learn to forgive here:
Forgiveness just means letting go of the negativity so you can move forward. Check out this podcast and learn more:
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Coming Up Next:
Catch Up On Season One:
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com or leave a message below in the "comments" section. We would love to hear from you!