The Boss, The Bully, and the Bodyguard
In This Episode, You'll Discover:
- The critical voice inside your head actually started with the intent to keep you safe
- The role your subconscious mind plays to keep you stuck in your misery
- How to be the Boss of your mind and stop your Inner Bully from running the show
- Modeling behaviors of others and adopting their traits can help you build your confidence
- Practicing these new skills in the safety of your imagination will bring your desired results
- Goal: Be the Boss of your mind and show your Inner Bully that it is safe for you to try new things
- When you are aware that your Inner Bully is talking to you, stop, take in several deep breaths and ask yourself:
- What am I telling myself about this situation?
- Are the concerns I’m having now valid for this particular situation, or is it my Inner Bully telling me stories from my past to keep me inside my box?
- What do I truly want to do?
- What can I do right now to be the Boss?
- Create a plan of how you want to feel and how you want to be. Spend a little time thinking about these details. Look to others for inspiration. Then practice being this way in your mind--over and over again, until you feel comfortable or even excited!
** Remember to write these down in your journal so you can track your progress.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Click to Tweet:
Want to share the Stop the Bully Within podcast on Twitter? Just click on the box below and send this tweet out automatically.
"When you hear your Inner Bully speaking to you--remember, this is really the voice of your BodyGuard and it’s trying to protect you." Jacqui Letran Learn more at
Want to learn how to be the Boss of your mind? Check out Stop the Bully Within podcast.
Words of Wisdom for Teens Book Series These award-winning books help teens and young adults take control of their life by taking control of their mind.
Got Questions or Comments?
If you have questions about today’s episode or want to share your thoughts, you can email us at Success@JacquiLetran.com We would love to hear from you!
Join the Community:
We invite you to join the Stop the Bully Within community on Facebook to connect with and get support from other members. We will pop in often to say hi and answer questions there. Join the Stop the Bully Within Community today!
Spread the Love:
If you know someone who would benefit from our show, please share!
Listen to the Next Episode: